Why Urban Poles Are Your Perfect Travel Companion
July 10, 2018 | By Urban Poling
Thousands of travel enthusiasts have expressed why they love taking their Urban Poles along on their many travel expeditions – here’s the top five reasons:
- Your knees and hips will thank you—The poles let you offload weight from your hips and knees into your upper body. You can walk further, faster or even pain-free while exploring the sights and sounds of your next trip.
- All season, all terrain – Urban Poles will help you navigate any terrain you choose to travel and provide you with the stability and assurance of four points on the ground instead of two. Pop off your booties and expose your carbide steel tips for additional traction and support on rocky roads or paths.
- They rev up the calorie burning—Research proves it over and over again: urban poling burns up to 46% more calories than standard walking. Why not enjoy their calorie blasting benefits while on your next holiday?
- They whittle your waist—Your abs tighten each time you push off with your poles. That’s the equivalent of 1,000 abdominal contractions every kilometre or 1,800 each mile! Here’s your chance to tone up while on holidays!
- They pack up neatly for travel – Urban Poling’s Series 300, 4 Life & ACTIVATOR™ two sectional poles will pack up and fit neatly into a large size suitcase. If more compact luggage is required, consider the Urban Poling Adventure Series three-sectional poles as they collapse 20% shorter.
It’s all about the comfort they provide – through Urban Poling’s exclusive ergonomic COREGrip handles, and unique anti-vibration features you are guaranteed the most enjoyable experience versus any other walking or travel pole out there!
Poles assist in maintaining proper posture but at times you may find yourself leaning forward. Remember to keep your spine erect, tummy tucked in, eyes forward, chin tucked and shoulders relaxed. And just one more thing to remember, have fun with it!
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education