ACTIVATOR® Course for Rehab Professionals
Learn about the dynamic ACTIVATOR Program prescribed as best practices in rehab centers, clinic and community programs across Canada, UK & Australia to improve outcomes for gait, balance, core strength and inspire active living.
The ACTIVATOR Poles are an evidence based patented tool that is revolutionizing rehabilitation. Prescribed extensively in all continuum’s of health care for therapy and as an effective option (or in conjunction) to passive mobility devices such as canes and to delay/reduce the use of crutches and walkers.
They have been instrumental in promoting an upright posture and a functional walking pattern compared to canes and walkers. In my opinion they facilitate rehabilitation and return patients to optimal function faster.”
Dr. Charles G. Fisher MD MHSc FRCSC, Past President of the Canadian Spine Society
- Learn the foundations of the Activator Technique for better balance and off loading.
- Discover an effective alternative (or in conjunction) to passive devices, such as canes, and to delay/reduce the use of walkers and crutches.
- Understand how to utilize the design of the Activator Poles for improved core strength, improving gait outcomes including speed, stride, reduce gait variability & arm swing
- Enhance your exercise programs with poles for an upper and lower body movement flow and promoting proper posture.
- Understand how to determine the proper technique and adapt seated, standing and pre-gait exercises for specific conditions such as Parkinson’s, Stroke, Geriatric, Aged Care, Pre/Post Hip and Knee Surgery, Cancer Rehab, Spinal Conditions.
- Discover how to inspire clients in wellness & weight management programs and increase intensity for rehab using the Urban Poling/Nordic walking technique.
- New Be-Balanced Section on innovative & effective exercises programs using tons of new sitting and standing exercises to specifically target balance and mobility.
Included in this course edition:
- Monthly Newsletter
- ACTIVATOR Poles
- Online comprehensive Manual
- Special Pricing on Activator & Urban Poles
Next Live Course:
▼ Live Course Dates
|City||Date & Time||Location||Presenter|
Thursday, Jan 24
6 to 9 pm
|Swann St. NW near the American Physiotherapy Association Conference||
Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT) MA (Gero). Developer of ACTIVATOR Poles & Course.
Online Course $ 269.99
3 to 4 hour online course that can be viewed frequently to complete at your own timeline. You will receive a link via email along with a special password to view the course on your own computer.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for onsite group training and special pole pricing for clinics, rehab centers and hospitals.
Excerpt from the ACTIVATOR Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college. Current walker or crutch users should only transition to the ACTIVATOR Poles with the guidance of a rehab professional.
For moderately steep slopes, simply decrease the pressure on the base of the handles or drag your poles behind you. For steep slopes, keep your poles upright and in front and out to the side slightly, so if you do fall you won’t land on your poles. Bend your knees and elbows, and slow down any momentum. For long descents, it may be helpful to lengthen the poles.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best