ACTIVATOR® Course for Rehab Professionals
Learn about the dynamic ACTIVATOR Program prescribed as best practices in rehab centers, clinic and community programs across Canada, UK & Australia to improve outcomes for gait, balance, core strength and inspire active living.
The ACTIVATOR Poles are an evidence based patented tool that is revolutionizing rehabilitation. Prescribed extensively in all continuum’s of health care for therapy and as an effective option (or in conjunction) to passive mobility devices such as canes and to delay/reduce the use of crutches and walkers.
They have been instrumental in promoting an upright posture and a functional walking pattern compared to canes and walkers. In my opinion they facilitate rehabilitation and return patients to optimal function faster.”
Dr. Charles G. Fisher MD MHSc FRCSC, Past President of the Canadian Spine Society
- Learn the foundations of the Activator Technique for better balance and off loading.
- Discover an effective alternative (or in conjunction) to passive devices, such as canes, and to delay/reduce the use of walkers and crutches.
- Understand how to utilize the design of the Activator Poles for improved core strength, improving gait outcomes including speed, stride, reduce gait variability & arm swing
- Enhance your exercise programs with poles for an upper and lower body movement flow and promoting proper posture.
- Understand how to determine the proper technique and adapt seated, standing and pre-gait exercises for specific conditions such as Parkinson’s, Stroke, Geriatric, Aged Care, Pre/Post Hip and Knee Surgery, Cancer Rehab, Spinal Conditions.
- Discover how to inspire clients in wellness & weight management programs and increase intensity for rehab using the Urban Poling/Nordic walking technique.
- New Be-Balanced Section on innovative & effective exercises programs using tons of new sitting and standing exercises to specifically target balance and mobility.
Included in this course edition:
- Monthly Newsletter
- ACTIVATOR Poles
- Online comprehensive Manual
- Special Pricing on Activator & Urban Poles
Next Live Course:
|City||Date & Time||Location||Presenter & Registration|
June 24th, 2019
5:30 pm 9 pm
|Optimum Performance PT, LLC – 3354 100th Street – Urbandale,
IA 50322 3-4 hours Course – $ 269.99
Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT) MA (Gero). Developer of ACTIVATOR Poles & Course.Registration US
|San Luis Obispo, California||Sat, June 29|| Precision Physical Therapy
211 Tank Farm Rd Ste A,
San Luis Obispo, CA. 93401
Extended 5 hours Course – $ 359.99
Mandy Shintani, BSc (OT) MA (Gero). Developer of ACTIVATOR Poles & Course.
Online Course $ 269.99
3 to 4 hour online course that can be viewed frequently to complete at your own timeline. You will receive a link via email along with a special password to view the course on your own computer.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for onsite group training and special pole pricing for clinics, rehab centers and hospitals.
Excerpt from the ACTIVATOR Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college. Current walker or crutch users should only transition to the ACTIVATOR Poles with the guidance of a rehab professional.
The most important aspect of Nordic walking is to just enjoy yourself. After a while, the technique will become second nature and you will feel confident, efficient, and ready to take on the world!
– Mandy Shintani, OT
Tips from the Best