Free ACTIVATOR™ training for Physiotherapy Alberta members
Motivate your clients while significantly improving treatment outcomes for balance, core strength, posture, endurance; reducing impact on lower extremities and joints; and promoting functional gait patterns.
They have been instrumental in promoting an upright posture and a functional walking pattern compared to canes and walkers. In my opinion they facilitate rehabilitation and return patients to optimal function faster.
Dr. Charles G. Fisher MD MHSc FRCSC, Past President of the Canadian Spine Society
Learn how this dynamic evidence based patent pending tool is revolutionizing rehabilitation and is being used extensively in all aspects of health care. Understand the many benefits of ACTIVATOR™ compared to passive mobility devices such as canes, crutches and even walkers.
- Research Review of studies on PubMed
- ACTIVATOR™ poles & technique
- Seated, standing & pre-gait exercises
- Using the poles with orthopedic, neurology, stroke and spinal conditions & older adults
- Videos of using the ACTIVATOR™ poles with different chronic conditions & innovative exercises with excerpts from leading physiotherapists.
Course length: approximately 2.5 hours
ACTIVATORS™ Poles buy one get one free with online course!Register for Free Now
*Offer ends Jan 31, 2018.
Use the standard rhythm and technique, but swing both arms forward at the same time planting the boot tips slightly behind the handles. Then, keeping your arms straight, press down on the base of the handles, walk between your poles and feel your arms extend past your thighs and behind your body.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best