Urban Poling (Nordic Walking) Instructor Certification
As an established Nordic walking manufacturer, distributor and educator, Urban Poling welcomes you to become a part of our 3,500+ team of instructors.
The Urban Poling Certification Course is a comprehensive course that teaches course participants the practical skills of Nordic walking and how to teach Nordic walking to others.
You will learn everything you need to know about the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique and be provided with all the materials, tools and support you require to provide one-on-one sessions, group classes and educational demonstrations.
Topics covered include:
- The Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- How to teach the Urban Poling Nordic walking technique
- Correcting poor technique
- Warm-ups, cool-downs, high-intensity exercises and muscle conditioning
- An introduction to the ACTIVATOR poles and walking technique
- Starting a series of classes
- Starting your business
- and more
This course is ideal for: group exercise instructors, personal trainers, recreation/wellness directors, diabetes educators, health care professionals, teachers, walking/hiking group leaders, and aspiring small business owners.
I found the course very informative and comprehensive, and the instructor was excellent. She made the course fun and interesting. I have been to a lot of courses and this one was one of the best. Nordic walking truly does give a great workout!
– Kristine, Waterloo, Ontario
The best prepared and supported online course, I have ever taken.
– Margaret Parsons, Ontario
Online Course 269.99Register Now
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for onsite group training and wholesale pole pricing.
- 1 pair of Urban Poles
- Wholesale pricing on poles and accessories
- Monthly instructor newsletter
- Certificate for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from 9 Canadian associations plus pending applications from ACSM and the Function Aging Institute.
Excerpt from the Instructor Certification Course:
Note: Participants should only use this knowledge to work within their professional boundaries as determined by their association and college.
Use the standard rhythm and technique, but swing both arms forward at the same time planting the boot tips slightly behind the handles. Then, keeping your arms straight, press down on the base of the handles, walk between your poles and feel your arms extend past your thighs and behind your body.
–Barb Gormley, Director of Education
Tips from the Best